Wednesday, March 7, 2007

The first step to recovery is always the hardest...

When it becomes apparent that you have a problem with alcoholism, any addiction, or codependency, it is scary - even frightening- to 'let the cat out of the bag' and go looking for help. There are feelings of confusion, shame, anger, and many other possible emotions that well up and block you from getting the help and support you need to start recovery - to get the ball rolling again in the right direction. Many people try to find reasons to put it off entirely, or at least at a different point in time. That my friends, just prolongs and makes matters worst, giving you more time to spend doing things you know are not good for you. Other people might feel they are to hopeless, don't deserve better, or that things are not bad enough yet. There IS ALWAYS a way out and it can be right here and right now. No one has to know who you are or what you've done if that is the way you want it. Just answer one of these posts that appeals to you the most and get started on a new, whole, and happier you. You, we all, deserve that much.

2 comments:

Glenn D. said...

I can't remember how many times I tried to quit, one way or another, but it never worked. I thought I could do it on my own, but in reality I could not even help myself. I was too far gone, too far over the line. When I finally made my decision, I had my brother immediately take me to a detox center. I was admitted when I was only half-way impaired that day, but rest assured, they will take you in any condition, at any time.

Glenn D. said...

I was only in the detox/recovery facility for a week, but I have not used or drank since. It really was not a bad place to be, especially if I wasn't drying out and feeling crappy because of it. But, they got me dried out, sobered up, on the right meds, got me going in AA, and set up in an outpatient program. But it didn't stop there, by any means, you need to keep up with the support and control the bad influences in your life and get in touch with a 'Higher Power'. Mine just happens to be Jesus Christ. Now, I am thankful everyday for being alive and useful!

Google
12 Step Sites Active member at zimbio.com Link Exchange - We HIGHLY recommend this easy to use link exchange tool. link exchange and webmaster tools InfoWizards link exchange and webmaster tools is a great resource where webmasters exchange links and find useful tools and information to help their web development efforts.
Google
Addiction Recovery Tools | Alcoholism and Drugs - Resources and tools for managing your life after treatment for drug or alcohol addiction
Addiction Recovery Tools | Alcoholism and Drugs - Resources and tools for managing your life after treatment for drug or alcohol addiction AddMe - Search Engine Optimization
Vitamin Shop | Body Care | Women's Health | discount tanning lotions | Cybergenics Quicktrim
Want Your Link Here?