Thursday, October 11, 2007

It just can't go on forever...

"To be gravely affected, one does not necessarily have to drink along time nor take the quantities some of us have. This is particularly true of women. Potential female alcoholics often turn into the real thing and are gone beyond recall in a few years."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, More About Alcoholism, pg. 33~

For me it was 25 years of drinking and drugging, all the while thinking I was invincible and would live forever. Oh sure, I did have a couple of times where I quit drinking and using for a short time, but always came back with a vengeance. So much so, that I risked loosing family, friends, career, and my life several times. Had I known then what I know now, I could have saved myself all those years that I now consider wasted. Never be afraid to get help long before you are so far gone that you get left alone, scared, and sick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi glenn!! YOU R A BLESSING AND A CHILD OF GOD!! i AM ALSO IN MY BEAUTIFUL RECOVERY.. ALL MOST ONE YEAR!! THANK THE LORD- AMEN... God is good.. alcohol and drug free one day at a time!!! FREE IN PORTLAND,OREGON!!! linda-lulu

Google
12 Step Sites Active member at zimbio.com Link Exchange - We HIGHLY recommend this easy to use link exchange tool. link exchange and webmaster tools InfoWizards link exchange and webmaster tools is a great resource where webmasters exchange links and find useful tools and information to help their web development efforts.
Google
Addiction Recovery Tools | Alcoholism and Drugs - Resources and tools for managing your life after treatment for drug or alcohol addiction
Addiction Recovery Tools | Alcoholism and Drugs - Resources and tools for managing your life after treatment for drug or alcohol addiction AddMe - Search Engine Optimization
Vitamin Shop | Body Care | Women's Health | discount tanning lotions | Cybergenics Quicktrim
Want Your Link Here?