Monday, April 9, 2007

No going back...

"We believe, and so suggested a few years ago, that the action of alcohol on these chronic alcoholics is a manifestation of an allergy;that the phenomenon of craving is limited to this class and never occurs in the average temperate drinker। These allergic types can never safely use alcohol in any form at all; and once having formed the habit and found they cannot break it, once having lost their self-confidence, their reliance upon things human, their problems pile upon them and become astonishingly difficult to solve।"~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, The Doctor's Opinion, pg. xxviii~

AA's Big Book has so many profound writings that can be applied to any addiction. During the last few years of my alcoholism there was no way I could stop drinking for any length of time once I got started, I couldn't wait for the opportunity to keep any kind of buzz going. I finally ended up planning my WHOLE day around drinking and drugging until I passed out into oblivion. I can't imagine getting myself back into that lifestyle again at any level. If I start again, I will surely die.

No comments:

Google
12 Step Sites Active member at zimbio.com Link Exchange - We HIGHLY recommend this easy to use link exchange tool. link exchange and webmaster tools InfoWizards link exchange and webmaster tools is a great resource where webmasters exchange links and find useful tools and information to help their web development efforts.
Google
Addiction Recovery Tools | Alcoholism and Drugs - Resources and tools for managing your life after treatment for drug or alcohol addiction
Addiction Recovery Tools | Alcoholism and Drugs - Resources and tools for managing your life after treatment for drug or alcohol addiction AddMe - Search Engine Optimization
Vitamin Shop | Body Care | Women's Health | discount tanning lotions | Cybergenics Quicktrim
Want Your Link Here?