Monday, February 11, 2008

Yes, it does work...

I will have been drug and alcohol free for 4 years next month. I must say they have been some of the most peaceful and nonconfrontational years of my life. Even recently when I had to go in for a much needed surgery and the analgesic support afterwords, which was only for a couple of days. I did have a complication a week later with a huge blood clot in my leg which also put me down for a couple of weeks. That was 3 weeks total from the time I actually had surgery in mid December until after the first week of Jan. After getting back to work for a mere 2 weeks I developed a rather serious form of pnuemonia and has laid up another 2 weeks. Today was my first day back a work and happy to say throughout all of the pain, suffering, debilitation, and loneliness, I have not drank and only used minimal pain meds after the surgery. I stuck with the system, kept in contact with my sponser and higher power. This system works, you just have to have enough faith and perserverance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Therapy4help said...

Light therapy is a simple, effective and medically recognised way to beat these symptoms.

Google
12 Step Sites Active member at zimbio.com Link Exchange - We HIGHLY recommend this easy to use link exchange tool. link exchange and webmaster tools InfoWizards link exchange and webmaster tools is a great resource where webmasters exchange links and find useful tools and information to help their web development efforts.
Google
Addiction Recovery Tools | Alcoholism and Drugs - Resources and tools for managing your life after treatment for drug or alcohol addiction
Addiction Recovery Tools | Alcoholism and Drugs - Resources and tools for managing your life after treatment for drug or alcohol addiction AddMe - Search Engine Optimization
Vitamin Shop | Body Care | Women's Health | discount tanning lotions | Cybergenics Quicktrim
Want Your Link Here?