Monday, August 6, 2007

It really is -"One day at a time"

"It is easy to let up on the spiritual program of action and rest on our laurels. We are headed for trouble if we do, for alcohol is a subtle foe. We are not cured of alcoholism. What we really have is a daily reprieve contingent on the maintenance of our spiritual condition."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Into Action, pg. 85~

I don't have to worry about yesterday as it is already gone and is now history. Tomorrow will happen whether I am still here or not when it gets here, but it isn't here yet. BUT, right now, I have to keep straight with God and in MY own head that no matter what - I will not use, drink, or take because that will NEVER solve any problem I can ever come up against.
Even last month when my much loved mother turned ill and passed away, I felt like 'doing' something to ease the pain and confusion, but didn't - didn't even come close. I am still here, clean and sober, knowing that she is looking at me from Heaven - proud of her 'recovered' son. I love you Mom!

No comments:

Google
12 Step Sites Active member at zimbio.com Link Exchange - We HIGHLY recommend this easy to use link exchange tool. link exchange and webmaster tools InfoWizards link exchange and webmaster tools is a great resource where webmasters exchange links and find useful tools and information to help their web development efforts.
Google
Addiction Recovery Tools | Alcoholism and Drugs - Resources and tools for managing your life after treatment for drug or alcohol addiction
Addiction Recovery Tools | Alcoholism and Drugs - Resources and tools for managing your life after treatment for drug or alcohol addiction AddMe - Search Engine Optimization
Vitamin Shop | Body Care | Women's Health | discount tanning lotions | Cybergenics Quicktrim
Want Your Link Here?