Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Out with the old, in with the new...

"...I humbly offered myself to God, as I then I understood Him, to dowith me as He would. I placed myself unreservedly under His care and direction. I admitted for the first time that of myself I was nothing; that without Him I was lost. I ruthlessly faced my sins and became willing to have my new-found Friend take them away, root and branch."~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Bill's Story, pg. 13~

I grew up in a religious family and have been spiritual throughout most of my life, some years more than others, but it was not until I finally quit drinking and drugging did I feel free and felt God’s presence. I was fortunate, it was a life saving and life changing event when I gave it all up and put myself at the feet of God. I had prayed for many things over the years and called on Him several times, but when I gave my up completely to Him everything changed in me. I had an epiphany; I woke up at that instant and have not looked back. I still deal with the repercussions from my stoned and drunk days, but I know that if trust in Him and not in myself, all will be well and good in the end. What a relief!
Everyone is different and many people have abstained with other methods, but I truly feel it is more than just about not using, or not drinking, it is about leaving the past behind, cleaning the temple, and living anew.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

It is ALWAYS more than just not using...too many get stuck in the belief that somehow the disease is in a bottle, a bag or a vial. Thise are inanimate things...WE are the problem good point.

Google
12 Step Sites Active member at zimbio.com Link Exchange - We HIGHLY recommend this easy to use link exchange tool. link exchange and webmaster tools InfoWizards link exchange and webmaster tools is a great resource where webmasters exchange links and find useful tools and information to help their web development efforts.
Google
Addiction Recovery Tools | Alcoholism and Drugs - Resources and tools for managing your life after treatment for drug or alcohol addiction
Addiction Recovery Tools | Alcoholism and Drugs - Resources and tools for managing your life after treatment for drug or alcohol addiction AddMe - Search Engine Optimization
Vitamin Shop | Body Care | Women's Health | discount tanning lotions | Cybergenics Quicktrim
Want Your Link Here?